Thursday, October 15, 2009

Afterall

I love when small world scenarios happen. You should probably know that about me in general. Coincidences and things that make you say "What a small world" are my favorite things ever.

So Seattle Rock Orchestra performance. The guy who is getting the musicians (who I played for) - Scott - sent out an email last night with more information in it and stuff. It also had a link to the facebook event for it (this is different from the other facebook link that I put up). And there are 50 confirmed guests for it and I was looking at the guest list. I assumed that a lot of these people, like me, are musicians. There are going to be 50 - 60 people in the performance.

Facebook has this really amazing feature that tells you how many friends you have in common with people. (Remember that customer friend that I made and we randomly have 2 friends in common?). Well most people I didn't have any in common with, but then I did with a several people. I assumed these in common friends to be 1. Scott or 2. Jackie (That is Nolan's old coworker that referred me to audition)

So I start clicking around to see in common friends with these random guests. And I have two mini "what a small world!" experiences and a third bigger one.

The first one, I click on this girl who is friends with our friend Chris. We met Chris through friends in Portland, but he is from Tempe, weird.

The second one I have three friends in common with: Scott, Jackie, and John Schueller. John is one of my managers at Trader Joes/the only manager that is my friend and who I hang out with outside of work.

The third one I only have one friend in common with. I click on it and it is Taeler Good. Nolan's cousin in Southern California. Man, I love that.

This isn't incredibly applicable to this, but I was talking about funny friend-in-common coincidences with someone before and they explained something really simple and neat to me, that I have adopted as a theory as well. If you are a good person that likes to have good people around you, you will find your way to others like you. This happens to mean having a lot of friend-in-common coincidences no matter how many people are in this world.

I am in the phase of being sick where there is rumbly mucous in my chest. This means that I am coughing a lot but nothing is really coming up. So I have to take a lot of melatonin if I expect to sleep at all. It's fine, only because when this is over, it will be over. I was coughing up blood a couple days ago, but that is over.

Buhlud!

No comments:

Post a Comment