Friday, October 9, 2009

In Black

Hello hello hello!

Ok So we had a hard rive failure (annoying) and had to get another one. 200 dollars later, we have a computer back (with no preexisting information). We now know that we should back our information up. Sigh. Oh well, nothing can be done about it now.

I have felt intimidated by the task of posting a blog because I haven't updated in so long, I don't know where to begin.

I'll just go with the current events.

So, yesterday I woke up feeling horrible. It was totally out of the blue, too. I didn't even feel any symptoms at all and then BAM, everything was there at once: fever, headache, disgusting cough, and an outrageous sore throat. Thursday/Friday is my weekend, so it kind of worked out being able to take it easy. I didn't go to orchestra last night because I felt so crappy.

I feel better today (the fever/headache combo is gone) but I still have my other symptoms. Blech, I hate this feeling. About a week ago I scheduled a secret audition that I didn't tell anyone about. Thats not completely true. I accidentally told Dana. But I didn't even tell Nolan. I just didn't want to deal with everyone asking me if I was nervous, wishing me luck (I know I'm ridiculous), and me just getting extra hyped up about it. Plus then everyone wants to know how it went blah blah. Anyhow, today I tried out for the Seattle Rock Orchestra (SRO). They are only a year old, but have done some pretty rad stuff already:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/seattlerockorchestra?ref=ts
http://www.myspace.com/seattlerockorchestra

And I made it.

So thats cool. They are going to do all of Arcade Fire's Neon Bible. This happens to be an album that I was obsessed with at one point in my life (maybe 2 years ago?). The audition was for a specific performace that they are giong to be doing in November. Its not a contiuous weekly rehearsal type of thing like Thalia is. So its not conflicting at all.

I currently have beet soup simmering on the stove. I can't WAIT to eat it, ugh.

That's all I have in me for now.

1 comment:

  1. I am really sorry you don't feel good. Are you sure that black mold is causing you problems?

    I am so excited about the Seattle Rock Orchestra. I am so emotional that I started crying when I listened to them on their Facebook. I'm hoping some how we will see you perform one day...although I might be a blubbering, proud mother:)

    It's exciting to have you back on your blog. Consider the $200 well spent.

    ReplyDelete